|43" square 100% cotton flannel blanket in Pink ABC print by kidsstore ($28 + $4 shipping).|
Baby items often have a very limited period of usefulness: newborn hats, 3-6 month onesies, tiny washcloths, soft rattles, crib mobiles, Baby Bjorn, receiving blankets. Looking back, I wish I had purchased and received fewer items with such limited usefulness and sought out alternatives that would grow with my child. For example, instead of having 15 receiving blankets, I wish I had just a handful of larger blankets. Receiving blankets truly are useful for a time, but after a few months, they are just too small.
So when kidsstore (who also makes the Best Bib Ever, which I reviewed just last month) asked if I would like to try one of her baby-to-child flannel blankets, of course I said, Yes! My 2-year-old and 4-year-old have been helping me test it out for a few months now, and I'm pleased to share with you our findings.
10 Things to Love About Kidsstore's
1. Long-term usefulness. Sized 43" square, this blanket is small enough for a baby and big enough for a preschooler. Also available in a larger big-kid size (43" x 53").
2. 100% cotton flannel. It's actually reasonably difficult to find a blanket for an older baby or toddler these days that is not made of minky or fleece. I always prefer natural fibers, especially for my kids.
3. Warm and cozy, but not heavy. The blanket is 2 layers of cotton flannel (no batting), so it feels warm and snuggly against the skin, but is light enough to use in the summer.
4. Comes in a variety of attractive, kid-friendly fabrics. I have this green one, which is cute and gender-neutral. Also check out the pink ABC print, colorful dinosaurs, or moon and stars print.
5. Perfect for tummy or floor time for your baby. Lay the blanket on top of your carpet to limit your baby's exposure to the gunk in your carpet.
6. Perfect for a nap for your older baby, toddler or preschooler. Or just for snuggling on the sofa when you feel a little under the weather.
|My 4-year-old, sick on the sofa under the flannel blanket.|
7. Or for playing peek-a-boo or even just hiding in plain sight.
|My 2-year-old under the flannel blanket.|
8. A handmade gift you didn't have to make. Aren't handmade gifts the best? For an extra generous gift, the blanket could be used as gift wrap around another item.
10. You can win your own! Enter the giveaway below.
For your chance to win your own Baby-to-Child Flannel Blanket OR any item of equal or lesser value from kidsstore, visit kidsstore and leave a comment telling me your 1st and 2nd choices. In addition to cotton flannel blankets, kidsstore also sells long-sleeve bibs, kid aprons, kid clothing, baby/ toddler bedding, kid towel sets, and nursing covers. If you win, you will receive one of these items, so choose wisely! Be sure to include your email unless I can contact you through your commenting persona (Blogger profile, blog, etc.).
- Make kidsstore an Etsy favorite (you need an Etsy account to do this).
- Spread the word by email, Facebook, Twitter, carrier pigeon, etc. (you can use the buttons at base of the post).
- Extra entry for current or new Eco-novice subscribers (this includes readers who subscribe by feed or email, "like" Eco-novice on Facebook, or regular readers by some other method). Tell me how you subscribe/ follow/ read Eco-novice in your comment.
You can enter the contest FOUR times total. Leave a different comment for each entry. Contest open to residents of the US. International readers may enter if you are willing to pay your own shipping ($4 - $7). Giveaway ends Thursday, August 11, 2011. Winner will be contacted Friday, August 12 and will have 48 hours to respond before I pick a new winner.
This post is part of