Perhaps the best way to begin (or get back on) a green path is with an easy step. Sometimes you just need an easy win to get some momentum going. Here are some simple cheap ways to go green this Earth Day.
Easy Steps for Earth Day
- Drink water.
- Go outside.
- Wear clothes more than once before washing (more ways to reduce laundry).
- Open a window instead of using air freshener (more natural alternatives to synthetic air fresheners).
- Cancel junk mail.
- Shop at a farmers market.
- Clean surfaces with straight or diluted vinegar (more ideas for green cleaners).
- Use cloth napkins (more ideas for reusable products).
- Use one less beauty product.
- Use snug fitting rather than flame retardant PJs for your kids (other easy ways to limit your family's exposure to toxic chemicals).
Share your favorite easy green step in the comments!