|LunchSkins snack bag ($7.85) - sleek and stylish|
When I opened the package of LunchSkins bags, I was first struck by how darn cute they were (even though I'd seen the designs online)! Now, I'm normally a function-over-form kind of person, but these really are lovely baggies. My husband preferred them to other reusable bags we've tried because they took up very little space in his lunch bag since the fabric is so slim. I love the small sizes (about the same size as a regular sandwich baggie and snack baggie). I think anyone, even a non-greenie, would appreciate receiving these well-designed reusable food bags as a gift. And they are perfect for kids' lunch boxes.
I have used the LunchSkins with cheese, fruit, veggies, sandwiches and cookies in the freezer. It performed wonderfully with all of them. The horizontal Velcro is strong and keeps the contents securely inside. Although the horizontal Velcro means these bags aren't adjustable on their own, you can adjust the size of the LunchSkins bags (or any reusable food baggie) with a rubber band. I do this for cheese mostly.
|LunchSkins sandwich bag costs $8.95 and measures 6.5" x 6.5"|
- Super cute, lightweight, low-bulk fabrics
- High-quality cotton with food-safe polyurethane coating (meets US and EU standards) -- the same material that is used at high-end bakeries
- Fabric and ink are BPA-free, lead-free and phthalate-free
- Made in the USA (fabric made in Germany)
- Quick-drying and greaseproof
- Can hold hot items
- Dishwasher safe
- Secure horizontal Velcro closure goes across the entire bag
- Convenient area to write owner's name
- Will help you say goodbye to disposable Ziploc baggies
I highly recommend LunchSkins reusable food bags. I'll probably be purchasing a few more myself soon.
Full disclosure: 3GreenMoms sent me (free of charge) the LunchSkins sandwich and snack bags to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.
This post is part of