We have a lot of family traditions to celebrate the holidays. Some of our favorite traditions are those that are inexpensive, good for the environment, and fun for the whole family. Last weekend we sipped hot chocolate while we decorated our Christmas tree inside. Today we decided to do another one of our favorite Christmas traditions, decorating a tree for the birds. Here’s how you can do it, too!
1. Gather pinecones in a bucket. We found a bunch of loblolly pine cones and longleaf pine cones in our backyard.
2. Tie ribbons onto the pine cones.
3. Spread peanut butter on the pine cones.
4. Roll the pine cones in birdseed.
5. Hang the pine cones on a tree outside.
6. Watch for the birds. The cardinals found our special tree within an hour!