- Should I pour the water down the drain (inducing eco-guilt) or lug it outside? Neither! Just turn the bathtub over and you've watered your thirsty lawn/ plants.
- Is your kid splashing the water all over the place? No worries, just water for the plants.
- Is your back killing you from reaching over the bathtub edge and awkwardly trying to get around all sides of the baby? Outside you have easy access from all angles.
- Do your older children try to participate in the baby's bath? Outside, they aren't a nuisance or in your way because there's room for everyone.
- Does your baby get bored and fussy in the bath? My baby doesn't fuss during an outdoor bath because she loves to be outside! In my experience, being outdoors instantly soothes babies.
- Does your toddler/ preschooler jump out of the bath and run all over the place naked and dripping wet? Outside, you just rinse off her dirty feet before carrying her inside to be dressed. No wet floors to mop up.
- Does your child resist bath time? Your child might be surprisingly compliant with splashing in the outdoor "mini wading pool."
- Do you love to take photos of your kids in the bathtub? The lighting is better outside!
[This is where I would insert a very cute picture of my naked baby in the bath if I were not a privacy nut.]
Works for Me Wednesday